How the five Cs of real estate can help you sell your house for more.
When the market shifts, what can you do to make sure your home is the one that sells and not the one that sits? Recently, I flipped a home for 20% profit after holding it for only three weeks. How did I do that in a changing market like ours? I’m not a big believer in flipping, but with the five Cs of real estate, you can sell any property for a profit:
1. Clutter. Eliminate any and all junk. Show off your beautiful property. If buyers see a home full of clutter, they’ll just move on to a different, cleaner place.
2. Cleanliness. Your property should be white-glove clean if possible. We had professionals come to the home and deep clean so that it even smelled nice.
3. Color. Neutral colors are always best. Exotic colors might appeal to some buyers, but you should cast the widest net possible.
4. Curb appeal. First impressions are everything in real estate. How your house looks from the street has a huge impact on buyers’ perceptions.
5. Creativity. To deal with the issues people face in this market, you need to get creative. Interest rates are a big problem for some buyers, so I worked with ours to help them secure proper financing and lower their costs.
If you have questions about what you should do for your home specifically, please call or email us. We look forward to helping you!